Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How to clean E-P1 sensor tutorial

Today, I just have time to clean my sensor. I was thinking that why E-P1 with its all mighty SSWF cannot dislodge the dust. I open up the lens and look inside. I can see the dust alright. I think of few ways that I know. Example is using blower. This method I've used before with my Canon 40D to blow off dust from my focus screen. But I end up with more dust. This is probably the blower is cheap one and have a lot of dust inside the blower. 

Another way that I always heard is lens pen. I don't have it. I thought of crazy stuff like using my finger. Haha. Or maybe a cotton swab. I still scared I end up worse than I start with. Suddenly, I think of using my hair. Because its thin enough. I go to bathroom and cut my hair. I wash it with soap and water. Dry it up with cloth. Then I make a circle with the hair (you just need to put the hair between your thumb and index finger and make a shape like hanging man rope). 

Use that tips of the circle to touch and dislodge the dust. It actually works and I'm freaking happy that I don't have to send it back to Olympus to do sensor cleaning. 

2 comments:

  1. how is this a tutorial on how to clean the sensor on an EP-1? Waste of time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to disappoint you. Haha... but this is a tutorial if you have a 1 bit dust to be removed. Its easier than lens pen or blower.

    ReplyDelete