Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wireless Broadband review : Part 1 (Celcom D68)

Celcom D68

Tested on Sunday around 5.30pm on 13 Sept 2009. Its 384kbps package.
Its terrible download speed. 80kbps only. A quarter of advertised speed.
I'm staying in high density area. Not sure if that make it worse.

First time doing speed test 1 month ago: 300kbps
Once is a blue moon: 150kbps
Most of the time: 60kbps
Also most of the time: 0kbps

Yes, most of the time its 0kbps also. Means I click and it does not go the
website. Instead, I get offline message (but I'm still connected).

Verdict: half star (Do not subscribe)

Summary: Only use if there's no other broadband in your area. You'll be kicking
yourself for subscribing to this broadband. Totally ridiculous speed compare to
advertised (hey, 384kbps is ok for me but not 0kbps).





No comments:

Post a Comment