Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Art of Wasting Money

I've been using credit card ever since I start to work. It is really convenient mode of payment. Furthermore, you can collect point to redeem something you like or Tesco voucher. However, after more than 6 years of using it, all good things about come crashing down.

This happened few weeks ago with Mother's day just around the corner. I went to New York facial for my irregular facial appointment. After the facial is done, I was called into a room to meet with someone said to be from Singapore (but was later found out to be from KL) for some skin advice. But when we sit down, she just start to talk about new package. She said that my package is too expensive because its just 5 times facial (rm1400). To make it more worthwhile, I need to make it to 10 times. But out of sudden, I ask about the most expensive package. She told me its half price now. And the price is rm4900. I've done part of the rm1400 package for 2 times. She told me that I don't need to care about the 2 times. Instead, I can just take the rm4900 - rm1400 = rm3500. Just need to top up rm3500. And after negotiating, I get 14 times of the most expensive package for rm4900. And I pay for it (12 months instalment with credit card).

On my way back, reality hits me. I mean, paying rm4900 for facial??? That's crazy for a guy right? To make myself feel better, I give this facial package to my mum for mother's day. And get myself another rm2500 package. Omg! I just spend rm7400 for facial. Its totally ridiculous.

After few days, I destroy my credit card. If I don't hold a credit card, I will not make such purchase. I just can't say no. I have problem saying no. If I don't have credit card, then I will have valid reason to say no. Now I know why people have problem with credit card.

2 comments:

  1. You are crazy. Your facial package is more expensive than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that time is a bit crazy. Now I'm more sane. I will go Wei Wei next time. No more New York. :(

    ReplyDelete