Tuesday, September 30, 2008

80's Cartoon Action Figure

When I'm a kid, I'm always fascinated with robot. I'll try to watch every episode of Transformers, Macross/Robotech, etc (and Gundam too) whenever I have the chance. Although I'm considered as poor kid last time, my mum still bought a robot for me once a while from grocery shop (for example, there's an indian shop selling varieties of stuff from newspapers, grocers, toys etc). That time, the toy is always less than RM10. Recently, I got hit by the bug again. Actually the bug started earlier few years back with the purchased of 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime (and Megatron but sold off later) but recently, it taken full throttle. With the old collection of toys from yesteryears and the Optimus Prime, I've added a few in the span of few weeks in this order: a) Macross VF-1A Angel Bird b) Voltron c) Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus twin pack d) Jetfire and Grimlock twin pack Shown is my collection with added Bumblebees and other Transformers movie character sent over by my sister in US.

Macross in Jet modeThe box and macross in Gerwalk mode
In Gerwalk mode from top

Another view

Gerwalk mode again

Seems like Macross like to be in Gerwalk mode

Oh no, another pose in Gerwalk mode
In Robot mode
My new collection
My old Collection

5 comments:

  1. Arghh!!!
    I remember the alphabet robots from when i was a kid.

    A real blast from the past!
    Amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, its from the Darlie/Darkie toothpaste..... lol... looks like Soo Sean, me and you are from the same generation... muahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice Voltron there in the back of the collection. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jonathan. Whoever you might be :)

    ReplyDelete