Sunday, October 12, 2008

Starting to feel the pinch...

Today I went to Tesco and after fews observation, I've decided that our inflation is getting out of hand. I'll just talk about instant mee. Last time, when its promotion, the price is around RM2.xx. And sometimes it drop to RM1.xx. But what happened now is, during promotion, the price is RM3.xx. Normal price is RM4.xx. That's almost 30% inflation based on instant me.

Fresh milk is RM4 to RM5 now compare to RM3 last time. While the price of Fragrant rice have increased ever since the time of shortage of rice to around RM4x.xx to RM5x.xx compare to RM3x.xx last time.

This might not be felt yet by middle income group but definitely make those lower income group suffer.

Threat of recession is very real and couple with inflation, we're seeing the worse of both world.

Hope that Avago is not retrenching people or else, I'll need to eat instant mee everyday eventhough the price have increase. I'm glad I sold my Canon 40D by the way.






No comments:

Post a Comment