Monday, April 20, 2009

Do I know what I wanted?

My colleague SS told me that I need to go up Penang Hill alone and think about what I want. I keep on flip-flopping endlessly. Worse than Pak Lah. Maybe I should do that this weekend :P

I really think this my be the turning point of my life. Maybe turn to the best or worse. No one knows. But I think probably I take these things too seriously. Maybe its not as bad as it seems.

Too many maybe. Life is always uncertain. But nothing is certain in this life. I should take everything as it comes and not always think of bad side too often. Everything have its pros and cons. I think too much of good things when I want something. And I think about too much of bad things when I got it. Does this case seems like chasing a girl? Think only her good points when you want to chase her but after got her already, you start to see all her flaws and start to screw around behind her back?

I just think that I think too much. There's no need so much analysis. I'm a case of analysis paralysis. Just do the thing that needs to be done today and tommorow will be taken care of by itself.

6 comments:

  1. I hope your gf would not have a chance to read this post. I think it is not that bad. Relax! And I think you just worry too much sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I try to live by by the motto 'Life goes on'...

    What ever decision you've made, good or bad, just take responsibility of it and make the best out of it.

    Coz no matter how much you beat yourself over it, 'Life goes on'.. why not catch it while it does.

    Else you will be missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kian Kok, you are just too afraid of the outcomes. When the outcome does not match your expectation, then you start to find excuses and explanation on ur actions.

    Instead of asking: This is why i screw up, perhaps you can reframe it this way: How can I improve? (a skill from NLP)

    Screw those expectations. They are unhealthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys. Thanks a lot. Really appreciate the advice. Life Goes On motto is good. Just make the best out of it. Nothing is totally bad. Nothing is totally good too. What the hell am I thinking that everything must come out good? And Yee Yong, wow, I like the screw the expectations phrase. Haha. How can I improve the current situation instead of escaping from it???

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, being goal-less in our life, is the ultimate goal of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no bro(im forced to call you bro here, so give face)...you ah...i can only say that we are so alike!! no wonder we are sissss.....and brother.
    But one thing, if you go up hill and sit there for a day, realize something good. Come down from the hill...you will be the same too.
    Not that I am not supportive. But what we need to think is priority in life. And try not do things impulsively. Think twice, triple, ask advices from here and there before do anything. But i know us, if we want something, we will give it millions of good reason to have it though everyone oppose it. Ohno! Only God can help. Lets pray..:(

    ReplyDelete