Sunday, April 19, 2009

Regretted selling my house

Suddenly a big regret hang over my head today. I just realised that I will pay a lot for the new house (not in terms of house price). I'll be paying more for tax assessment (cukai taksiran) and maintenance fees.

Gambier Heights house
Maintenance = RM90 x 12 per month
Tax assessment = RM70 x 2 half yearly
Cost = RM1220

Sri Saujana new home
Maintenance = RM185 x 12
Tax assessment = RM212 x 2
Cost = RM2644

Wow, that's almost double the cost over a year. I have extra RM1424 to spend if I stay put in Gambier Heights. Not to mention higher purchasing cost into Sri Saujana and loan that I need to service. I've failed to realise all this cost before selling my current home. I'm kicking myself now.

Since last year to now, I've made a lot of financial mistake and this cost a me a lot of money. I'm now poorer by a lot. And this is during economic crisis. Sigh.... I scared the worst is yet to come.

1 comment:

  1. Do you still need to spend $$ on some basic renovation?

    ReplyDelete