Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New baby boomers and nolstagia

Our parent is baby boomers generation. And we're the next generation of baby boomers. The proof lies in entertainment industries such as movies and musics. We're bombarded with movies such as the most recent Transformers and others such as Spider man, Fantastic Four, Xmen etc. Later we'll get Knight Riders and some new TV mini series such as Bionic Woman. In music, we see old songs repackaged into new compilation such as Air Supply, Jacky Cheung etc. Old Anime such as Robotech, Gundam X, Wing, 0078, etc etc are sold in HK Video.

All this is chance for us to relieve our poor child hood. I still remember I went to my relative house to watch Gundam 0078 first episode over and over again. Now I bought the whole series and manage to finished watching all the episodes once and for all. This is good therapy too. Its like finish the unfinished business before you die....

This part of human that cause them to keep on buying stuff that they missed buying during childhood. Recently I've read a woman who bought Barbie Dolls and play dress up even though her age is not young anymore. As a matter of fact, I also bought Transformers Optimus Prime not too long ago. I transformed it and put into display cabinet. It really feels good. A good psychological therapy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment